Monday, August 17, 2015

Catching up with photos


This is long overdue but doesn't that sound a bit familiar?  Instead of being overdue, I am going to say that this is right on time.  Ive been home now for two months and I think I could write you a novel to share whats been going on inside of me during this reentry process but today I'd just like to fill you in on my last precious days in Haiti.

I was overwhelmed with the love, community and friendships that I developed over the past year.  I got to dive deep into the community of Pignon and I was welcomed with joyful open arms.  Many dear relationships were deepened to another level and numerous new relationships were created that will last a lifetime.  I have never been so welcomed, loved and accepted by a group of people as I was in Haiti.  I pray I can hold on to the hospitality that was shown to me.  I thank God for the loving intrusion of personal space that I received.  


Such a needed gift was a beautiful group of friends that came to serve alongside me.  We  took the days as the Lord led us on adventures of exploring the village and praying for people in the street.  We painted at the school and had a VBS for the kindergartners.  The theme of the week was Superheros and the kids absolutely loved sporting their capes, swords and shields!  






















 Gorgeous sisters Davny and Aga


 How cool is it when you have the buy one and your little friend has the give one!  



Easter sunrise service with my girls was awesome!  


My good friend Volsi was very sick for a while.  Here you get a little glimpse into the struggle of poverty.  


School Field Trip to the Citadelle.  An amazing fortress built in the early 1800's to protect Haiti from French invaders. 
  








Just a typical Saturday Market
 Sundays after church were about breaking the record of how many people we could fit in my car


Some of my babies that made my days better and brighter


Happy Birthday celebration for Kayla


Jump Rope made of Palm fronds


Record: 17 people 




Davny sporting her new dress from a friend


In April a few of us missionaries got to have a getaway to the Dominican Republic.  We had an amazing time full of adventures.





Judenson, one of my favorite humans on the planet.  


Getting to play Santa Claus in April 


This is my Godson, Dawins



Thats only about half of what I want to share.  The rest to come next week!  

If you'd like to learn more about Hosean and/or support me please go to hosean.org 

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment